Community Resilience to Climate Change and Disaster Risks
To build the adaptive capacity of climate vulnerable and disaster prone communities for resilient livelihoods.
Farmers living in the hills, mountains and Terai are vulnerable to the impact of climate change and disaster risks. Working with these communities and our national and international partners, we will work across sectors to reduce risk to the production system, integrate climate resilient technologies and genetic diversity to build their adaptive capacity for managing environmental adversity. LI-BIRD will strengthen the capacity of communities and local institutions to integrate climate change adaptation and disaster risk management plans into local planning process for accessing and leveraging resources for
effective implementation of plans..
To achieve this objective, within five year, LI-BIRD will:
- Work with local communities, and national and international partners to accelerate research activities to broaden technological base for managing climate change/environmental adversity;
- Refine and scale-up champion climate-resilient technologies, practices and approaches to build adaptive capacity of climate-vulnerable and disaster-prone communities;
- Strengthen the capacity of communities and local institutions to integrate climate change adaptation and disaster risk management plans into the local planning process for leveraging resources required for effective implementation of plans;
- Develop methodology for integrating climate change adaptation and disaster risk management plans and implementation modality in new federal structure; and
- Test, validate and promote cost effective and efficient water management technologies for increasing water productivity.