Project Officer (Level 6) -1 (Based in Gauriganga Municipality, Kailali district)
Local Initiatives for Biodiversity, Research, and Development (LI-BIRD) is a non-profit making, non-governmental organization established in October 1995 with its Head Office in Pokhara. LI-BIRD is committed to capitalizing on local initiatives for sustainable management of renewable natural resources and improving the livelihoods of rural people in Nepal.
LI-BIRD provides a collegial, supportive and multidisciplinary working environment where young professionals with a learning attitude thrive and succeed. LI-BIRD provides unparalleled mentoring support while challenging its staff to learn, innovate and acquire skills and experiences that will become foundational for the rest of their careers.
Livelihood and Resilience Enhancement Project (LREP) is funded by The Development Fund, Norway and being implemented in Bardiya, Kailali, Humla and Sindhupalchok districts. The project aims to improve food and nutrition security, income and resilience of small and marginal farm families in western terai and hills of Nepal.
LI-BIRD invites applications from eligible Nepali citizens who are reliable, accountable, committed, and have the ability to deliver results with the highest integrity for the position.
Job Summary: Reporting to Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, The Project Officer will be responsible for overall coordinating implementation of field level activities of LREP at Kailali district. The Project Officer’s key duties include project planning, implementation and coordination; monitoring and quality control; data management, synthesis and report writing; communication, linkages and networking. S/he needs to coordinate with the local and provincial government and district line agencies and other key stakeholders in planning and implementation to ensure adequate programme synergies, resource leveraging and scaling up of innovations.
Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in Agricultural Sciences with specialization in Agronomy, Agroecology, Seed Technology, or other relevant subjects. Candidates with valid motorbike/scooter license and work experience in the implementation and reporting of projects are encouraged to apply.
Competencies and Personal Specifications:
- Excellent attention to details including pro-activeness, creativity and reliability; and,
- Motivated to work on issues related to agriculture and livelihood enhancement;
- Experienced in programme planning, implementation, M&E, reporting, managing finance, and human resources;
- Statistically competent in data management and analysis;
- Strong conceptual, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and representation skills;
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and the ability to work responsibly;.
- Experienced in maintaining a congenial working relationship with all the associated stakeholders of the project;
- Proficient in M.S. Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word) and fluent in both (written and oral) English and Nepali;
- Candidates with valid motorbike/scooter driving license are preferred.
Download Job Description (JD)
LI-BIRD offers competitive remuneration and other benefits as laid out in its Personnel Policies. Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications with CV including three references, citizenship certificate, motorbike/scooter driving license (if available) and relevant testimonials by 21 January 2020 (2076 Magh 7). Application can also be sent to email at email@example.com with the subject starting as: [VACANCY]. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained and could lead to disqualification.
LI-BIRD promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (women and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority community).
Please apply to: Human Resources Manager, LI-BIRD, PO Box 324, Pokhara, Kaski