Finance and Admin Assistant (Level 4) -1 (Based in Gauriganga Municipality, Kailali district with frequent travel to project sites within and outside the district)
Local Initiatives for Biodiversity, Research, and Development (LI-BIRD) is a non-profit making, non-governmental organization established in October 1995 with its Head Office in Pokhara. LI-BIRD is committed to capitalizing on local initiatives for sustainable management of renewable natural resources and improving the livelihoods of rural people in Nepal.
LI-BIRD provides a collegial, supportive and multidisciplinary working environment where young professionals with a learning attitude thrive and succeed. LI-BIRD provides unparalleled mentoring support while challenging its staff to learn, innovate and acquire skills and experiences that will become foundational for the rest of their careers.
LI-BIRD invites applications from eligible Nepali citizens who are reliable, accountable, committed, and have the ability to deliver results with the highest integrity for the position.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Finance Officer, s/he will be responsible for assisting Finance Officer in account keeping. S/he will coordinate with relevant staff to ensure accounting and documentation of all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner. S/he will also support the project team on administration, procurement and logistics management.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in commerce/management with two years experience in the relevant field, especially in management and accounting. Resident of Kailali district with valid motorbike/scooter driving license are preferred
Competencies and Personal Specification:
- Knowledge on basic principles of accounting and financial procedures;
- Knowledge on Microsoft Offices (especially on Word and Excel, including typing skills both in Nepali and English);
- Skills and experiences in operating computerized financial systems;
- Familiarity with double-entry accounting software.
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures; especially knowledge in relevant IRD rule and regulation;
- Fluency in both written and spoken Nepali and English;
- Excellent attention to details including pro-activeness, creativity and reliability; and
- Excellent coordination, team building and interpersonal skills, problem solving attitude.
Download Job Description (JD)
LI-BIRD offers competitive remuneration and other benefits according to its Personnel Policies. Interested candidates are requested to submit their application with updated CV including three references, citizenship certificate and relevant testimonials by 17 January 2020 (2076 Magh 3). The application can also be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject starting as: [VACANCY]. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained and could lead to disqualification.
LI-BIRD promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (women and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).
Please apply to: Human Resource Manager, LI-BIRD, PO Box. 324, Pokhara, Kaski